Saturday, October 11, 2008

Only in the nail salon

Yesterday, while getting my nails done, I overheard one of those conversations that just made me laugh. Two women were getting pedicures, it was obvious that they were acquaintances (they were speaking very loudly), and were discussing a mutual friend. The friend they were discussing had a set of twins--and seemed to be having some struggles with the twins. They conversations evolved into whether it was easier to have twins or to have a 2 year old and a newborn. It was apparent to me that neither of the ladies had twins or had ever had a 2 year old and a newborn. The ladies finally agreed that it was much EASIER to have a set of twin than the 2/newborn combo. I wanted to jump out of my seat the and say "Are you crazy???" Having experienced both scenarios, I would take the 2/newborn in a heart beat!!! Not that I didn't enjoy EVERY MINUTE (lol) of both situations--it was soooooo much easier when Jenson was 2 and Allie was born. Sadie and McKay were such sweet babies, but is was still hard. Even today, there are those moments when I just want to throw my hands up--like when we have to leave the house at 3:45am to catch a 7:00am flight, and the twins decided to be the "evil twins" and spend they day un-doing beds and suitcase etc. all they while laughing and saying "we are the evil twins, ha ha ha ha".
I guess the old saying holds true--don't judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the comments made at the beauty parlor, nail salon, etc! Don't people know that just because we don't know them, we can still hear their conversations? Its almost as bad as peole picking their nose in the car..We can SEEEE YOUUUUU lol!