Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

This is the first year Dave and I have spent Thanksgiving with just our kids. Since moving to Georgia, we have either had family or friends spend Thanksgiving with us--and before the move we were lucky enough to spend it with family. This year we decided to "go it alone". As I prepared our dinner, I couldn't help but think of all the people who have influence the dishes that we fix, and how grateful I am for their impact on our lives.
  • We have shrimp as an appetizer because Dave's Dad wanted his family to have something "special" for his family to eat on Thanksgiving
  • We had my Mom's Cheese log and crackers--I can't remember a holiday without it
  • I made My Grandma's 7-up salad--I still love it as much as ever
  • I also made my other Grandma's Lemon Meringue pie--this is one of the kids favorite pies
  • Orange rolls--Dave's Grandma was famous for hers
  • Sweet potatoes-Southern Style--can't get enough of these--this is our tribute to our time here in the south.

What would life be like without all our great influence!!

No comments: