A tradition in our house for a long time has been to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. We love when it falls on a Monday and we have a party for FHE. This year was no different--well maybe a little. Dave was out of town, so I planned a relatively low-key Mexican dinner (one the kids wouldn't complain too much about). It was only the three younger kids (Allie, McKay and Sadie) and myself. Jenson was at football practice/tryouts for the middle school team. During dinner I realized I had forgotten to download Spanish music I had intended to use to create some ambiance(sp?). The kids and I decided we could just sing a few songs to get in the spirit of the holiday, unfortunately, the only songs we could think of that we knew were Feliz Navidad and Happy Birthday(in Spanish of course). After singing those two songs a couple of times each, Allie thought she could save the day. She brought her Karaoke machine down and said she had two Spanish song she could play for us. We were then treated to Auld Lang Syne and Have Nagila (neither one spanish of course!!). So I guess from our musical selections for the night you could say not only did we celebrate Cinco do Mayo, we also celebrated; Christmas, birthdays, New Years and a Bar Mitzvah. Not bad for one evening.
When Jenson got home we went out in the back yard and let the kids break open a pinata--it ended up to be a really fun evening.



3 comments:
Great story!
Classic Allie moment!
Allie cracks me up! I totally love it!
Post a Comment