Monday, May 5, 2008

Only 3 weeks of school left???

I can hardly believe we only have 3 more weeks of school!!! When I stopped to think about the summer fast approaching and the past 9 month of having the house to myself during the day--I decieded to do what most would do when faced with a tough decision (am I really excited to have the kids home, or have I enjoyed the peace and quiet a little too much) I started to list the pros and cons.
Cons
1. I will have to give up watching the Today Show as I clean the house/laundry and start watching "kid shows" again.
2. I will have or start fixing real breakfasts again. I no longer will have the excuse that mornings are just to crazy and the only things I have time to "fix" are Eggos and cold cereal.
3. With the kids home, will have to start wearing referee clothes a little more often (thank heavens they are vertical stripes and not horizontal).
4. Doors constantly left open. Some day, someone will invent some sort of electromagnetic device that when attached to your child, it will automatically shut doors, turn off lights, and flush toilets behind them.
5. I won't be able to sneak back upstairs to bed after all the kid are to school--not like I ever do that one!!

Pros
1. Sleeping in a little.
2. Not taking 2+ hours to get all the kids to school
3. Not having to fight traffic in the morning (it is 2 miles to the twins school, and can take up to 20 minutes to get there Ugh!!)
4. Kids can do all the house work--yea like that will ever happen--how about the kids just doing their jobs.
5. Eating out on the deck.
6. Sandal season, and not having to wash and mate socks.
7. Spending the afternoons by the pool
I could probably come up with a few more, but I think it's clear--Summer is great

2 comments:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

Sounds like you will have a great (and full) summer. Thanks for the updates on what you and your family are doing- I love reading your blog!

Deborah said...

Ang, I am feeling your pain! I found out on Monday that Carter has a week and a half off of school for kindergarten testing. AAAAHHH! I thought I had 3 more weeks to prepare for the insanity.

Today was the first day off.

I don't think I'm going to make it . . . .

Depot