Sunday, April 13, 2008

Surprise Kids--We're going to Chattanooga!!




Dave and I for a brief time this past week, were the world's worst parents. We had been secretly planning a trip during spring break to Chattanooga TN. We made the arrangements, packed the bags, and loaded the car without the kids knowing what was going on. When the anticipated day arrived, all the kids knew was that Dad was coming home early so we could have a fun family activity. You would have thought we had told them we were going to spend our spring break at the dentists office. They were so upset that we were surprising them with something fun. Jenson, who is fast approaching the "I'm too cool for my family stage", was convinced that what ever we were doing was not going to be fun at all. He also informed us that if we arrived at the local Nature Center he would not be getting out of the car. Dave told the twins that he had planned a fun afternoon of shopping at Target and Home Depot with them. I think a few tears were shed. Finally, as we rounded up the kids and dragged them to the car Dave and I revealed that we were headed to Chattanooga TN. NOW we were the BEST PARENTS EVER!!!! Anyway, we had a great time. Chattanooga is only a couple of hours away from us, and is a great family destination. We swam, went to the aquarium, the fabulous children's museum, and the river front. While we were in the Butterfly exhibit at the aquarium, a Butterfly landed on Allie's hand. Sadie and McKay were also able to "hold" the Butterfly before it flew off.


Just as we were heading to the car for the ride home, it started to rain, we couldn't have asked for any better timing.
As you can see, the Tennessee River is huge!! I forget how big some rivers really are.



Grandpa, Jenson wants you to take special notice of his hair

1 comment:

Aimee said...

You guys are so funny! Sounds like a trip they'll remember for a long time.

I love the "Home Depot shopping" trick - Good one!!