(picture of the coast in Hydra)
(This is the Island of Poros)
After we left Poros, we headed to the Island of Aegina. This is the largest of the 3 islands we visited. They are famous for pistachios and lemon trees. We had the option of doing an excursion to the mountains of Aegina, but I was suffering from a major case of motion sickness--I can't remember the last time motion bothered me, but the idea of a 1 1/2 hour bus ride was more than I could handle. So we just strolled up and down the coast and the fresh air was wonderful. We were told that there we beaches and you could swim in Aegina, but we couldn't find a real beach, and the water didn't look that good either. We did however, find a spot to have a shower for .50 euro--shampoo not included. We passed on that one!!
After Aegina, we sailed back go Athens. I decided I would not be a good sailor, we have been home several hours and my body is still swaying--how did people do it along time ago when then were on boats for months at a time?
1 comment:
OK, so JEALOUS, but in the happy for you kind of way. So excited to hear all about it! Travel safe!
Post a Comment