Saturday, September 27, 2008
Tower of Babel
I seriously had a tower of Babel moment today. While on the cruise, we were surrounded by people from all around the world. Languages from all over were represented. English was definitely in the minority. We would sit and listen to conversations around us, and have no idea what people were talking about. It was a really odd experience. Generally, when we have traveled, we may not be in an English speaking country, but the people are still speaking one language. I wish I knew all the languages we heard today. All around us, there we so many different languages and dialects--it was crazy. People tried to communicate as well as possible, but it was difficult. I kept thinking about the tower of Babel, when all their languages were changed and no one could communicate--I can only imagine the confusion and frustration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment