Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We made it

We made it to Athens, Dave and I survived flying on separate planes. Both of our flight got in early, an were parked right next to each other on the on the tarmac. We got off the plane with in 5 minutes of each other. Athens is in a beautiful setting, it kind of reminds me of the mountains when flying into Salt Lake.
Our biggest adventure so far was our 45 minute taxi ride to the hotel. The ride was very reminiscent of our trip to the Philippines. Once you are off the freeway and in the "city center" there are no real lanes and the drivers drive like maniacs, making a lane anywhere they want on the roads. I have to admit I was "white knuckling" most of the way. It was obvious that cars not pedestrians have the "right of way".
Our Hotel is beautiful, we are about to head out and see what Athens has to offer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so going to miss you! Have a FAB time.
BTW how come you never have things like late planes, broken arms, or babysitters who fall through? I've GOT to learn your secret! LOL!!! j/k